A new stack of guide books for local trails just landed on my doorstep.
Winter in the northeast is great for winter fun – hiking, snowshoeing, downhill or cross country skiing, or just sledding with the kids. When the end of winter comes quicker then expected we can look fondly back on days like we had last week.
Then there are days like yesterday–full of slush, cold rain, and–where you don’t want to go out unless you absolutely must. Though I hope those days are short I’ve picked up a bunch of new or updated guide books to flip though and dream up new adventures come spring as well as spark ideas for this site. I will try and review some of them down the line, but you can check them out for yourself on Amazon:
- Hiking New Jersey by Paul DeCoste and Ronald Dupont Jr
- 60 Hikes Within 60 Miles: New York City by Christopher & Catherine Brooks from the AHC
- AMC’s Best Day Hikes Near New York City and AMC’s Best Day Hikes Near Philadelphia from the AMC
- New Jersey Walk Book by Daniel D. Chazin from the NY/NJ Trail Conference
- Take a Hike New York City by Skip Card
- Best Hikes with Dogs New Jersey by Mary Jasch